Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Magic Pockets and Impromptu Proposals

 I have pictures. You should have them too.


Was shown this recently: 4 year old Rashed + grandfather. My only memory of him involves him always pulling a tiny piece of Daim (chocolate/toffee bar) from his breast pocket and giving one to me. Young-Rashed assumed that his pocket was magic, since there was no way he was hiding so many Daims in his pocket, with none of them melted.

We realized too late that the middle of summer was not the best of times to head to the Arboretum. That didn't stop us from enjoying all the greenery, though!
The path we took through the Fells was riddled with streams, brooks, and ponds. I don't know what else to say. I like water.
I look away for one second to grab my camera, and this is what happens.
The Quarter-Mile Pond was probably my favourite take-away from the Fells hike. It made gauging distances on the map a whole lot simpler. Also, water.
Looking back at the things I decided were worth taking pictures of, there does seem to be a theme- definitely a lot more blue than green. Water water water.

4 comments:

  1. RASHED YOU WERE SUCH A CUTE 4 YEAR OLD!!! Ahhh! Also, being mostly in the city right now, the pure nature of that forest really appeals to me right now. Soo jealous! :P It looks so much fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pictures!

    Speaking of impromptu proposals... I had a few hours in New York to kill between buses last week, some of which I spent sitting in a park (New York's parks are awfully busy, by the way!) and reading Godel Escher Bach.

    After about fifteen minutes, I was approached by a man who pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him. He was very serious about it. He even worse a t-shirt printed like a tuxedo and brought his own TV crew along!
    Unfortunately I had to tell him that I had a bus to catch and would probably not be able to stay for the entire wedding, but that I was sure true love would find him if he kept looking.

    New York kind of was exactly what I thought it would be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also going to make a comment that OH MY GOSH RASHED YOU WERE SO CUTE LIKE THE KIND OF CUTE THAT SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN YOU ON BARNEY EVEN IF YOU WERE LIVING IN KUWAIT AND YOU LOOK A LOT LIKE YOUR LITTLE SISTER WHO IS ALSO AMAZINGLY CUTE... but I decided that might be a bit much, and then I did it anyway.

    I also now feel the very strong necessity of preparing myself to give an entertaining, witty, and generally non-offensive reply in case people start proposing to me on camera in unexpected locations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly you sure that wasn't like a social experiment?

    ReplyDelete